Monday, August 29, 2011

reply from Sen Blunt on our resolution

Dear G,



Thank you for your thoughts on protecting Social Security and Medicare.



As we face difficult decisions about America's economic future, the solvency of Social Security and Medicare is a legitimate concern for many Americans. I am committed to protecting these vital programs and keeping the promises made to seniors.



I have created a plan to protect Social Security for the next 75 years that will not affect anyone 55 years of age or older, will not raise taxes, and will not means test seniors. My plan calls for a more accurate method of calculating the cost-of-living adjustment (COLA), one that reflects the changing price of goods that seniors purchase, such as health care and energy. This will allow for immediate improvements to the current system, while preserving benefits for future generations.



Likewise, any proposals affecting Medicare should—most importantly—protect current seniors. We must find solutions that will lower the cost of health care and improve access without cutting Medicare, rationing care, or bankrupting the country. We need to keep what is working and fix what is broken in health care.



In the Senate, I will work to protect these important programs for seniors and strengthen them for our children and grandchildren.



Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt) about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website (blunt.senate.gov) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.

-------
note: change to cost of living means cuts in every social program including social security, medicare, medicaid and far more

Alas, I do not have a difficult decision. no confidence in our Missouri senator whom would protect billionaires and stick it to the retired and poor

you can quote me

No comments: